Life can often feel a bit overwhelming — between meetings, expectations (self-imposed or otherwise), daily chores, and trying to please everyone. And at the end of the day, a solution to turn off all this noise and unwind from it is taking a long warm bath.
Here are 9 tips and tricks to help you have the most luxurious bath time ever.
1.Warm water- There’s something reinvigorating about soaking in warm water. The ideal water temperature for a bath is circa 40-42 degrees Celsius. In fact you can test it yourself with the tip of your fingers. Once you get in your whole body and muscles start to relax and loosen into the soothing water.
2. Close your eyes- After hours of staring into your digital devices, your eyes become tired and sore. Give them a break and enter a deep relaxation mode by closing them and taking long, deep breaths. Disrupt from the outside noise!
3. Light up candles- To help yourself relax, even more, light a few candles and place them on the edge of the tub. Lavender and Vanilla scented candles are known for their relaxing properties. Yankee candles have plenty of options to choose from coming in various scents and shapes.
4. Read a book or a magazine- Bath time can be a great opportunity to finally get to the ending of your unfinished books! To keep your books safe, invest in a bath tray—it’ll hold your books, but will also come in handy for holding your soap, hand towels, or even a cup holder for your favourite drink.
5. Add scented oils- Lavender is one of the most popular scents used for aromatherapy and its therapeutic benefits are widely-known. But you don't have to limit to just one there are plenty of floral scents on the market.
6. Drop a bath bomb- Bath bombs can turn your regular tub into a first-class spa—adding scents that relax and colours that calm. Flower petals, vibrant colours, and glitter are just some of the extras you can find in today’s bombs. The Workshire Soap is known for affordable handmade bath bombs with the finest ingredients we can lay our hands on!
7. Play some relaxing music- Hit the play button of your favourite playlist on a Bluetooth speaker or smartphone and transport yourself into the lyrics. Classical music or jazz has been shown to boost creativity and decrease body pressure.
8.Practice meditation- Meditation is a powerful stress reliever and a habit that can lead to resilience to stress and increased inner peace. Start with a 5 minutes mediation time and increase as you go along. Slowly close your eyes, take deep breaths and focus on the sensations you feel in your body—the warmth of the water on your skin, the pressure of the tub against your back—and let go of all other thoughts. Calm is an app that has become popular worldwide with lots of great features meant to adjust your wellbeing.
9. Head Support- Although the whole scenario is set up properly something is missing – your head has no support, so you’re either lying on the edge of the tub or sitting up, leaning awkwardly will add more pressure to your body. A bath pillow is just the right solution to provide optimal support for your head and neck while you relax. That's when Valmars bath pillow comes into help.
Dedicating time to yourself sometimes can be forgotten and it’s important for a healthy, balanced life. Get out there and pamper yourself! You’ve earned it, so don’t let anyone say otherwise.
Happy soaking time!